- The Money-Saving Guide to Going Green at Home: being sustainable and saving money can go hand in hand. View guide here>
- Share these Sustainable Living Tips from First Congregational United Church of Christ, River Falls, Wisconsin. Nearly 30 tips you can share with your loved ones, congregation, or Green Team! View tips here>
- VIDEO: Climate change, our faith values and 2020 discusses how to communicate with your family and friends about climate change from a position of shared values. Featuring Rev. Susan Hendershot, President of Interfaith Power and Light and Katherine Hayhoe, atmospheric scientist and director of the Climate Science Center. View here>
- ACTION: Sign the UCC Creation Care Voter Pledge! Join voters around the country who want leadership that reflects their deepest values. The Creation Care Voter Pledge is produced by the United Church of Christ’s Our Faith Our Vote in partnership with the Environmental Voter Project. Sign up here>
- View this 3 minute video introduction to the Environmental Voter Project that illuminates why it’s so important for all who care about the environment to vote.
- LEARN: Links to learn more about the Kairos Call to Action
Energy Conservation and Renewable Energy for Homes and Churches
- Focus on Energy provides information, resources, and financial incentives to Wisconsin households, schools and businesses (including congregations) for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects
- EnergyStar for Congregations offers free online resources including an Action Workbook for Congregations and the Portfolio Manager energy management tool, and awards an EnergyStar Certification for congregations that have achieved a high level of energy efficiency.
Wisconsin Council of Churches Creation Care Advocacy Resources
The Wisconsin Council of Churches offers a webpage full of Creation Care advocacy resources. Visit their site.
Quotes for Reflection on Climate Justice
The following is from the opening devotional a past meeting of the UCC Council for Climate Justice.
“The Spirit of God is a life that bestows life, root of the world-tree and wind in its branches. She is glistening life alluring all praise, all awakening, all resurrecting.
—Hildegard of Bingen
“More science and more technology are not going to get us out of the present ecological crisis until we find a new religion, or rethink our old one.”
“Green grace is the healing that comes to us when we enjoy rich bonds with other people, plants and animals, and the Earth.”
“Social injustice leads to ecological injustice and vise-versa.”
“1) Take only your share, 2) Clean up after yourself, 3) Keep the house in good repair for others.”
–Sally McFague’s Three House Rules