This page includes links to numerous organizations involved with immigration and immigration justice.
Wisconsin Information and Advocacy Groups
- Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice, a non-profit, interfaith education and advocacy organization that provides immigration justice information and advocacy opportunities as part of its focus
- Voces de la Frontera, an immigrant rights and low-wage workers center working to create access to safe, dignified work, quality education and healthcare
- Centro Hispano of Dane County, provider of resource assistance, education, referrals and advocacy for Latinx families and immigrants
- ESTHER, an interfaith social justice organization in the Fox Valley that offers “Walk in Our Shoes”, a simulation event designed to bring community awareness to the challenges Latinos face
On the US/Mexico border
- Green Valley/Sahuarita Samaritans, the activities of these volunteers in the Arizona borderlands include water drops, desert searches, and regularly providing witness at immigrant-processing court hearings such as Operation Streamline , the mass, fast-track hearings at the Federal Courthouse in Tucson, where unauthorized migrants are prosecuted as criminals. Calendar, Monday-Friday, click on “Tucson Operation Streamline Calendar” (on left side of page) for pdf copy of that day’s roster. (Operation Streamline was suspended early in 2020 because of COVID and has not resumed.)
- No More Deaths/No Más Muertes, a humanitarian organization based in southern Arizona dedicated to giving direct aid to migrants in the Mexico/US borderlands and stopping their suffering
- Borderlinks, a non-profit offering experiential learning opportunities along the Arizona/Mexico border
- Frontera de Cristo, a Presbyterian border ministry that provides support and educational/medical outreach to migrants in Arizona, and offers border immersion trips
- Al Otro Lado, a non-profit providing free legal services to indigent migrants on both sides of the border
- Humane Borders, a non-profit, volunteer-staffed organization that maintains a system of water stations for migrants in the Arizona Sonoran Desert
- Kino Border Initiative, a Catholic non-profit that operates the Migrant Aid Center (El Comedor) in Nogales, Sonora
National Information and Advocacy groups
- Interfaith Immigration Coalition, a partnership of faith-based organizations committed to enacting fair and humane immigration reform.
- Church World Service, an international agency that welcomes refugees and asylum seekers, provides resettlement services and advocates for better policies
- Migration Policy Institute, a leading institution in the field of migration policy, and a source of authoritative research and learning opportunities. See U.S. Immigration Policy current policy details
- National Immigration Legal Services Directory, an immigration referral resource
- National Immigration Law Center, dedicated to defending and advancing the rights of immigrants with low income
- Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM), a national coalition of grassroots organizations fighting for immigrant rights; Wisconsin partner is Voces de la Frontera
- American Immigration Council, a non-partisan non-profit advocating for a fair and just immigration system
- ACLU Immigrant Rights, the venerable civil liberties watchdog’s immigrants’ rights page
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center, a California-based organization that seeks to improve immigration law and policy
- National Day Labor Organizing Network, an alliance of community-based organizations and worker centers dedicated to improving the lives of day laborers in the U.S.
- Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project, a membership organization for asylum seekers, has a FAQs for asylum seekers page
- Informed Immigrant Resources, a clearinghouse of resources and information on being undocumented in the U.S.
Governmental Entities Involved with Immigration
United Church of Christ
Sign up for our newsletter!
Find us on