This page includes links to numerous organizations involved with immigration and immigration justice.
Wisconsin Information and Advocacy Groups
- Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice, a non-profit, interfaith education and advocacy organization that provides immigration justice information and advocacy opportunities as part of its focus
- Voces de la Frontera, an immigrant rights and low-wage workers center working to create access to safe, dignified work, quality education and healthcare
- National Immigration Legal Services Directory-Wisconsin, an immigration referral resource state-wide
- Centro Hispano of Dane County, provider of resource assistance, education, referrals and advocacy for Latinx families and immigrants
- ESTHER, an interfaith social justice organization in the Fox Valley that offers “Walk in Our Shoes”, a simulation event designed to bring community awareness to the challenges Latinos face
On the US/Mexico border
- Green Valley/Sahuarita Samaritans, the activities of these volunteers in the Arizona borderlands include water drops, desert searches, and regularly providing witness at immigrant-processing court hearings such as Operation Streamline , the mass, fast-track hearings at the Federal Courthouse in Tucson, where unauthorized migrants are prosecuted as criminals. Calendar, Monday-Friday, click on “Tucson Operation Streamline Calendar” (on left side of page) for pdf copy of that day’s roster. (Suspended because of COVID)
- No More Deaths, a humanitarian organization based in southern Arizona dedicated to giving direct aid to migrants in the Mexico/US borderlands and stopping their suffering
- Borderlinks, a non-profit offering experiential learning opportunities along the Arizona/Mexico border
- Frontera de Cristo, a Presbyterian border ministry that provides support and educational/medical outreach to migrants in Arizona, and offers border immersion trips
- Al Otro Lado, a non-profit providing free legal services to indigent migrants on both sides of the border
- Derechos Humanos, a non-profit promoting the rights of all migrants, seeking public awareness and changes in governmental policies that result in human suffering
- Humane Borders, a non-profit, volunteer-staffed organization that maintains a system of water stations for migrants in the Arizona Sonoran Desert
- Kino Border Initiative, a Catholic non-profit that operates the Migrant Aid Center (El Comedor) in Nogales, Sonora
National Information and Advocacy groups
- Interfaith Immigration Coalition, a partnership of faith-based organizations committed to enacting fair and humane immigration reform.
- Church World Service, an international agency that welcomes refugees and asylum seekers, provides resettlement services and advocates for better policies
- Migration Policy Institute, a leading institution in the field of migration policy, and a source of authoritative research and learning opportunities. See U.S. Immigration Policy current policy details
- National Immigration Law Center, dedicated to defending and advancing the rights of immigrants with low income
- Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM), a national coalition of grassroots organizations fighting for immigrant rights; Wisconsin partner is Voces de la Frontera
- American Immigration Council, a non-partisan non-profit advocating for a fair and just immigration system
- ACLU Immigrant Rights, the venerable civil liberties watchdog’s immigrants’ rights page
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center, a California-based organization that seeks to improve immigration law and policy
- National Day Labor Organizing Network, an alliance of community-based organizations and worker centers dedicated to improving the lives of day laborers in the U.S.
- Informed Immigrant Resources, a clearinghouse of resources and information on being undocumented in the U.S.
- Through its Civil Rights of Immigrants Campaign (CRI), the Gamaliel National Network, a nonpartisan, faith-based, community engagement organization, is committed to working for equal opportunity and fair treatment of immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers.
Governmental Entities Involved with Immigration
United Church of Christ
- National Collaborative on Immigration (sign up to be part of the Collaboration here)
- National UCC Immigration web page