The Wisconsin Conference equips, resources, supports, guides and cares for clergy and congregations and the relationship between them.
Wisconsin Conference 2019 Annual Report
Download the 2019 Annual Report here (PDF). Your OCWM gifts continue to faithfully support the work of Conference staff, board and committees and the ongoing care and programs available to pastors and congregations. We hope you will take a look at the Annual Report and share it with your congregation.
Wisconsin Conference Resources for Congregations
Download this handout to learn about the breadth of resources and services available to congregations from the Wisconsin Conference.
what we do
The Wisconsin Conference of the United Church of Christ equips leaders and congregations to transform lives through innovative ministry for the 21st century.
how we do our work together
Guided by the Great Commandments, Jesus’ teaching in Matthew 25, and a commitment to extravagant welcome, we will work together…
• to serve God and our neighbors with compassion
• to encourage and inspire one another with hope
• to make bold and courageous choices with love
what will change if we are successful
By 2019 the people of the United Church of Christ in Wisconsin will be energized to be the church in their local context, expressed through passionate work toward a more just and generous world.
Download printable Mission-Values-Vision
These are the Ministry Priorities as approved by the Wisconsin Conference United Church of Christ Board of Directors:
- Resource meaningful ministry in the local community, not just the congregation. Offer grant opportunities to encourage taking healthy, faithful risks.
- Begin to create a justice umbrella, improving how we connect people to people, resources, and ideas in multiple, intersecting areas of justice work.
- Equip congregations for the work of Racial Justice in three essential areas: recognizing important ideas, building relationships with their neighbors, and encouraging conversations within and outside the congregation.
- Be proactive about attending to financial shifts that are taking place, making choices so they don’t get made for us, and transparently communicating changes. We desire to shift our revenue models rather than retain the current model and shrink. In addition to attending to the financial health of the conference itself, seek to do the same for local churches, helping them make choices earlier while more options exist.
- Share inspirational stories of spiritual transformation that emphasize relational connections, collaborative approaches, and shifts from “maintenance to mission.”