Please sign up for a Communities of Practice group by September 3.
Register for Clergy COP groups here
Since 2012, the Communities of Practice program has helped pastors all over the state find wisdom and support from colleagues gathered into community.You will find additional details in the Communities of Practice FAQs.
This safe and supportive peer group is just about the best thing I’ve ever done in 18 years of ministry. I have a place now to take issues and frustrations and experiences that I can’t share with anyone else. It will keep me healthy and make me a better pastor. -Participant
Communities of Practice groups will:
- Be facilitated by a seasoned pastor or experienced therapist
- Meet monthly for a 2 1/2 hour session, September through May
- Include eight to ten participants
- Focus on the practice of ministry and the pastor’s vocation as leader
- Encourage peer support, care, and reflection
FAQs about Communities of Practice
The Conference’s program is organized by Associate Conference Minister Jane Anderson. Cathy Wille, a trained therapist and active, experienced church leader, provides program support for the facilitators and the groups.
Important Things to Know:
- The deadline for signing up for a group is typically during the first week of September each year
- Fee for participants is $250
- Scholarship funds may be available; please download and fill out a scholarship application form (PDF)
- Let us know that you want to participate by registering online. Participants must sign up each year even if continuing in the same group (link available starting each summer)
Special Notes for Existing Groups:
If you are part of an existing group that has been meeting with a facilitator during the past year…
- Members of existing groups should register online. Pastors need to re-register each year.
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact Jane Anderson.