The Catalyst Team’s mission
is to resource and encourage vital and innovative ministries that transform lives. Read more about Catalyst
. Proposals for funding consideration are due as follows: October 8, 2018, April 1, 2019 and October 7, 2019. Click these links for the grant guidelines
and grant proposal form
. Contact Tisha Brown
with questions or for more information.
Here are some of the projects that have received Catalyst Grants:
- Congregational, UCC in Brodhead: Congregational UCC in Brodhead is developing a plan to use some of their land to provide senior housing in their community. This housing will be available to members of the congregation and others to enable them to remain in the community during their retirement years. The vision includes the development of additional ministries of engagement between the residents of the housing and the congregation. Contact Cynthia Strealy for more information.
- Congregational, UCC in Whitewater: The people of Congregational UCC in Whitewater are developing a worship service geared toward college students in their community. GLOW (Gathering in Loving Open Worship) launches in September with a monthly Saturday evening service followed by a home cooked, locally sourced, organic meal. College students in Whitewater have shared the lack of activities that don’t involve drinking and the congregation is responding with this opportunity to nourish both the body and the soul. GLOW meets for the first time on Saturday, September 22 starting at 4:00 pm. Contact Rev. Blair Hull for more information.
- Alphabet Soup, Student Group at Lakeland University: Alphabet Soup is Lakeland University’s LGBT+ and Allies Student Organization. This grant supported their attendance and their presentation of their work at Lakeland at the Midwest Bisexual, Lesbian, Gay and Transgender Ally College Conference in February, 2018. Students offered a workshop at the Wisconsin Conference annual meeting and are available to visit congregations to present what they learned at this conference. Contact Rev. Alex Cade-White for more information.
- Baking Buddies at Evangelical and Reformed UCC, Waukesha: Baking Buddies is a program that was initiated by youth group members as a school project. Baking Buddies provides opportunities for kids with special needs to bake yummy treats with a youth peer or adult buddy. All baked goods are taken home by the child or youth who baked them and great fun is had by all. Catalyst funds were used to expand this program to reach more people. For more information contact Mary Ann Proffitt.
- Rural Ministry Conference: We provided partial scholarships to six individuals from Wisconsin, both clergy and lay to attend this annual conference. The topic was ministry partnership and options for rural and small congregations to partner together in ministry. Every year Catalyst will continue to support continuing education events like this where we believe innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to ministry will be nurtured.