Organizers in the Wisconsin Conference are coordinating a bus trip to Washington, DC for a weekend of listening and witnessing. The trip is open to all – lay people and clergy. The schedule includes:
- Listening: On Friday we will partner with other UCC churches and faith partners in the DC area for a day of education and reflection around social justice concerns facing religious and ethnic minorities in our nation. The day will be concluded with dinner and a community-wide interfaith worship service hosted by Emmaus United Church of Christ in Vienna.
- Witnessing: On Saturday we will join the Women’s March on Washington as faithful witnesses of our commitment to radical love, and vision of a more a just a generous world for all people. Throughout the weekend we will enjoy fellowship, common meals, and guided opportunities of preparation and processing as a group.
This trip will fill up fast! Register soon if you want to participate.
ONLINE REGISTRATION sorry, the bus is full!
Wait list for online registration Use this link if the first registration link is full; your name will be added to a wait list in case of cancellations.
- Trip cost of $375.00 per person. This includes three meals (lunch Friday and dinner Friday and Saturday) and continental breakfasts at the hotel on Friday and Saturday
- There is a non-refundable deposit of $150 required at time of registration. You may select to pay by mail/check, but your spot is not official until the Conference office receives your check. The remainder is due by January 15, 2017.
- Additional food money for 6 meals is needed (Thursday lunch & dinner, Saturday lunch, Sunday breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- All rooms are double occupancy
- Continental Breakfast available at motel (*see note below)
- Restaurants within walking distance of motel: Tequila Grande (Mexican), Amphora Bakery (A Bakery), Amphora Restaurant (Causal Dinner), Istanbul Blue (Pricey Turkish Food)
- There is a medical form and a release form that will need to be turned in prior to the trip (return to the Wisconsin Conference, 4459 Gray Rd, DeForest, WI 53532. Link to forms is at the end of the registration)
- The bus has toilet and wifi, and television screens, PA system.
- Registration is open until the bus is full.
- Sorry, no refunds after Dec. 16 (the date the hotel must be paid by).
- If you need to stay in a hotel on Wednesday night before departure, you should look for options in the west Madison/Middleton area.
- Commuting to the bus stop at Middleton Community Church is highly recommended to save parking spaces for Sunday services at the church.
Bus Travel Schedule
Thursday January 19th:
- 6am: depart from Middleton Community Church, 645 Schewe Rd., Middleton, 53562.
- 11pm: arrive Wolf Trap Motel Vienna, VA
Sunday, January 22nd:
- 6am depart motel
- 10pm arrive Middleton Community Church, 645 Schewe Rd., Middleton, 53562
Wisconsin Conference UCC Office
4459 Gray Rd.
Deforest, WI 53532
Wolf Trap Motel
430 Maple Ave W.
Vienna, VA 22180
(for your information only; the Conference is handling room reservations)
*Note about continental breakfast. This is not a hot breakfast and consists of items like cereal, bagels, muffins, etc. If you need additional information, please call the hotel at the number listed above.