Church and Ministry
Per the Constitution of the Southeast Association of the Wisconsin Conference of the United Church of Christ, the Church & Ministry Team is entrusted by the Association to:
- Grant, maintain, review, transfer, and when in accord with adopted Association policy, suspend or terminate ordained ministerial standing.
- Grant, maintain, review and, when necessary, repeal commissioning for ministry.
- Grant status to and aid members in discernment in preparation for ordained ministry.
- Grant, when requested by and appropriate for clergy from other denominations, dual standing or privilege of call in the United Church of Christ.
- Receive, assess, assist and guide candidates for ordination, commissioning, licensing, and privilege of call.
- Call and conduct Ecclesiastical Councils of clergy and church delegates to consider, examine and approve, on behalf of the Association, candidates for ordination, commissioning and privilege of call.
- Prepare, call and conduct the rites of ordination and installation.
- Support, counsel, discipline and assist clergy in standing in and authorized by, and students in care of the Association.
- Provide oversight of authorized ministries and conduct consultations and reviews in accord with the current guidelines and the Manual on Ministry of the United Church of Christ.
- Review and respond to allegations of misconduct by clergy, officers, or congregations in standing in the Association.
- Foster positive relations between pastors and their parishes.
- Offer and provide resources for mediation, communication, resolution and healing.
For more information regarding the Church and Ministry Team contact the one of the co-chairpersons:
Rev. Beth Abbott firstname.lastname@example.org or Rev. John Helt email@example.com
Pulpit Supply list – to be added or removed from the pulpit supply list contact Terri Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org