The Division on Church and Ministry works with
- authorization of pastors: ordination, licensing, commissioning
- issues of authorized ministerial standing
- persons in discernment of call to ministry
- strengthening the covenants and ministries between local churches, their pastor(s) and the association
- ongoing support of authorized ministries
- oversight of authorized ministries
- issues of fitness for ministry
The Division follows the procedures set forth in the Manual on Ministry of the United Church of Christ, except where otherwise specified in the Constitution of the Association.
The Division on Church and Ministry meets approximately once a month. Persons seeking time on the Division’s agenda should contact the chair, Rev. Chris Myers, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clergy moving into the Northwest Association and wishing to transfer their Ordained Ministerial Standing should contact the Rev. Chris Myers, email@example.com.
All requests for authorization of ministry, including Transfer of Standing, require a personal interview with the committee.