Vision of Ministry
This vision of ministry for the Northeast Association was adopted by its Executive Committee in meeting on February 2, 2017.
Authorization for ministry
- Work with the national setting, the Conference, and other Associations to implement a standard fitness review process (under way)
- Develop standards and approaches around licensure subscribed to by each of the four Wisconsin Associations (under way)
Support of Clergy
- Recruit and equip volunteer teams to assist with conflict resolution in local churches (under way)
- Convene informative gatherings from time to time for clergy. Pertinent, timely topics include
a. Finding a basis for unity in a time of division
b. Survival of small churches
- Develop ways for clergy to come together in clusters to provide mutual support
Support of lay leadership
- Convene gatherings of pastors designed to help them learn how to recruit, equip, and support lay leaders.
- Provide leadership skills training—not content-specific—for lay leaders.
Improvement of Website
- Recruit a small team charged with developing current, correct, and complete content for the site (under way)
- Newsletter editor to upload this content to the website.